Wednesday, February 9, 2011

3 days, 3 openings...

I didn't make it to every art show I thought about going to, but I think I did pretty good.
Friday night, after an amazing meal at Upper West for dineLA with some girl friends, we (Rachel) convinced the door man at Gallery 1988: Melrose to let us in even though it was after 10pm. We promised to not be the last ones at Scott C.'s exhibit, and we weren't, heh. Such a fun show, and Scott C. drew E.T. in my sketchbook. I also got Jensen, the gallery owner, to sign my book; sorry for being late to the opening.
Saturday night, I drove out to Fullerton to have dinner with my sister and Cousinish at Tranquil Tea Lounge. Then Cousinish and I set out for the CSUF Grand Central Art Center in Santa Ana. Suggestivism was so crowded, but so good. I feel in love with the tiger painting by Michael Page. My favorite was still an Audrey Kawasaki painting, 'Charlotte'.
Sunday night was the first time I went back to CSULB since I graduated. The tribute show for Lisa was so colorful and so filled with love; it was so Lisa...
Bonus: Saturday morning, I had brunch with my girls at Royal/T where the pop up shop for Mr. Toast was opened since Wednesday, and the Warholian show was on display. It was a full weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment