Monday, April 12, 2010

new thinkspace...

Friday night, I made it out to the inaugural art show at Thinkspace's new Culver City location. I was ecstatic to find out it's two doors down from LeBasse Projects. First of all, I met my friend Kathria and we had a delightfully satisfying Italian dinner as Novecento Pasta & Grill. I only took a picture of the bread appetizer because we were too hungry to pause and photograph our entrees.
At Thinkspace, there were 3 exhibition openings. In the main gallery were paintings and sketches by Anthony Pontius. They were cute and disturbing at the same time.In their Project Room, was the group show Hunt & Gather for the launch of a book by the same name by Tina Ziegler. The book signing with almost all the featured artists was the next night, but I didn't make it out for that. I really love the above piece by Aaron Kraten.
Finally in the Thinkspace office, a group show called Vision was on display. Kathria really liked the black and white collage piece on the right.
It was a nice night out, and I love the new gallery space.

No comments:

Post a Comment